Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Ekol ES66 Co2 BB pistol




I bought my Ekol ES66 because I think it resembles the Browning Hi-power 9mm handgun, and had read that Ekol Air pistols are blank guns converted to airgun.
I hoped that the ES66 would be different than your everyday Cosman or Umarex air pistol.

It is a solid metal pistol, and when the magazine is removed, the slide can be cycled, or removed/field stripped.


I have chronographed my ES66 and it regularily shoots 5 grain steel BB's up around 500 fps.
The trigger pull is very heavy, which makes accuracy difficult.

It is a well made metal air pistol with plastic grips and a full size drop free magazine that holds 14 rounds.

It has a rifled barrel and gamo lead roundball ammo loads and cycles perfectly.
The heavier lead balls shoot around 400 fps and are more accurate than the steel BB's.

No comments:

Post a Comment