Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Monday, January 3, 2022

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

 


It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, that all the parts inside that ugly looking project gun would work in my Sterling.

It's not so bad, I had yet to learn  that E.L.Dickinson made my Sterling, and of course,  I did acquire the Forehand & Wadsworth "Russian model 32" fix'er up pistol,  the Remington Smoot new model #2 in VG condition and a few other miscellaneous, essential  parts etc...

I have over paid for a couple of parts related  things and then I  got a real deal on others, and some other items are held up for inspection with Canada Customs, but slowly things are coming together.

Now that I have solved my cylinder axis pin problem,  I have to get the hacksaw &  files out and custom fit the steel rod blank I am going to use to fabricate a replacement base pin or cylinder axis pin for this Sterling revolver.

Someone posted the next few  photos at a gun forum, that show how the trigger + cylinder bolt-stop assembly go together, sort of...





Here is an article from "American Gunsmith" that includes disassembly instructions for an Iver Johnson Defender'89 revolver, which is close enough in mechanical design to my Sterling revolver, that it is very helpful!






No comments:

Post a Comment