Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Friday, June 15, 2018

Crosman DPMS classic A4/MTR77NP









I love this air rifle!
I bought my de-tuned for Canada "495fps" version of the MTR77NPC ('C' for "carry handle") from D&L AirGuns in Langley, BC.
I have never seen another 495fps MTR77NPC...and D&L only stocks the 1200 fps P.A.L required version.

My Crosman MTR77NPC has shot 5.4 grain lead free/plastic skirt penetrator pellets up to 620 fps and 7.9 grain hollow point lead pellets score around 480 fps!
The Nitro piston powerplant certainly works well and this "495 fps" air rifle is as powerful as it can be according to Canada's air gun laws.

Initially, the recoil this rifle created was violent enough to snap a picatinny/Weaver rail mount holding a UTG AR15/m4 rear peep sight, and sent the metal sight flying across the room!
Over time, and about 200 shots later, the recoil smoothed out and nothing attached to the Rifles rail has broken off.






          
I have a UTG front sight and a variety of KNS Precision front sight posts to choose from.
The rifle came with a polymer carry handle/rear peep sight, and I sometimes attach a full metal carry handle/rear peep sight, or the UTG AR15/M4 A2 rear peep sight.


I would love to see this break barrel available in .22 caliber.

https://www.crosman.com/mtr77npc-with-carry-handle-177

No comments:

Post a Comment