Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Friday, December 17, 2021

My winter-time 2021-22 Antique Revolver repair & restoration projects!

Due to the difficulty in finding a regular, reliable & affordable source of obsolete gun parts, I recently  decided to look for antique revolver "project/parts  guns", and after a month and half of browsing & reading, I now have  two rim fire project guns to  repair & restore during the fridgid months ahead  of Canadian winter weather.

From the left to right: the first  project gun in  the  photo is the "Stirling" .38 calibre rimfire spur trigger revolver, which was most likely manufactured by Hopkins & Allen between 1870's and 1890's.

The second project gun, is a Forehand & Wadsworth "Russian model 32" rimfire spur trigger revolver that I recall reading about, was probably  made between 1870's and 1889.


Both revolvers definitely require a few new springs & some simple little parts to be repaired or  replaced completely.

They can be original factory parts bought from stores like Numrich that can be hand fitted to the  gun,   or just  make the part yourself.

I am planning to do a bit of both, and I have begun to keep up a daily routine of browsing through Numrich's  parts inventory, as well as a few other small Parts selling online companies that I have ordered various gun parts from in the past few years.



The Online Firearm Forums that have members only Buy&Sell sections are my favorite place to ask advice, find obscure & obsolete pistol  parts and of course buying or selling Antique guns...



Both sets of antique rubber/plastic saw handle grip panels are well preserved, without damage whatsoever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment