Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Saturday, December 18, 2021

My Remington-Smoot New model no.2 Revolver!!!

This example of Remington's name & Patent info stamped/engraved on the topside of the barrel is perfect! Too bad it's not a photo of  the one that I just bought, or who know? Perhaps the top of my barrel will be just as nice.


The following two photos were taken by the seller:
 

 
There is one repair needed. The ejector rod retaining ring is missing.
 I should be able to find or make a small steel ring, and then use silver solder and torch, or JB-weld to securely attach it ...

***Update: the Remington-Smoot New model No.2 arrived, and looks great, better than in the sellers photos, it could be 90% of the factory nickel finish remaining, and it's as close to perfect  mechanically as both my Colt and S&W revolvers are!
I have to do some work on cleaning and restoration on some black powder marks around the breach and cylinder, but it doesn't appear to have any rust.
This revolver is definitely a shooter..

New photos will be posted after it's cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment