Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Walther Arms & 007's LP-53



Even though 007, James Bond carried a Walther PPK at this time, he appeared in this press photo and illustrated movie poster brandishing a Walther LP-53, a .177 caliber pellet  break barrel spring piston target pistol.

The LP-53's appearance was based on the Nazi-Era   Walther M1936 Olympia .22LR Semi-Automatic Target Pistol.







The "Luft-Pistole 53" certainly does look like the famous Olympia M1936!











The Walther LP-53 had a Polish made clone by the name of "Predom Lucznik" , which sometimes pops up for sale on the Canadian collectable AirGun websites, and it is much  more affordable and more powerful  than when someone is selling a Walther LP-53.
I regret not buying a "Predom-Lucznik" from Mr.Marvin "the AirGun Guy" five or six years ago, instead I basically flipped aacoin to decide, and I  bough a near mint condition, very rare variant of the Crosman model 150 .22 cal. Co2 pellet pistol...a Hawthorne Montgomery Ward M-150, which was a smarter choice, because it is a 60+ year old brand new, very powerful, and very collectable Co2 pistol that has probably appreciated in value during the six years that I have owned it.
Regardless, I still wish I had the spare cash to have bought both air pistols the one and only time that I have seen either one for sale in Canada.

Below is a few photos of the Predom-Lucznik .177cal/4.5mm spring piston air pistol that was made during the 1970's.






No comments:

Post a Comment