Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Friday, February 8, 2019

Coming soon...







I was thrilled a few days ago when I was browsing through a myriad of air pistols sold by an army surplus store in Vancouver, and they claimed to have a Gletcher TT-33 gas blowback 4.5mm BB pistol, this is an excellent replica of the the Russian Tokarev  TT-33 pistol!!!
I immediately ordered one and was waiting to receive a tracking # once they had shipped the replica Co2 pistol.
Sadly, it just wasn't meant to be, and instead of a tracking #, I received and apologetic email, explaining that the webpage was wrong and the pistol was "out of stock" and they didn't know if it would ever be in stock.
The stores sales manager generously offered me 10% off on whichever airgun I wanted to receive instead of the Tokarev TT-33 replica, which I gladly accepted.

There was another replica in stock that was on my airgun replica bucket list, the Mauser M712/C96, or better known as the "broomstick Mauser".

I ordered the Umarex Legends M712 full/semi automatic 4.5mm steel BB pistol in place of the out of stock Tokarev, and for the same total price as the Tokarev, including $15 of steel BB ammo!

I still hope to find a Tokarev TT-33 Co2 replica pistol and will not stop looking.
This is nearly an obsession for me now!
I can't believe that I cannot find one anywhere and that includes 4.5mm steel BB & 6mm airsoft versions by 3 or 4 different companies:
-Baikal mp-656k(4.5mm)
-Gletcher TT & TT-NBB(4.5mm), plus the TT-A(6mm)
-KWC TT(6mm)
-KWA TT(6mm)

You'd think that the odds were in my favour to find one from someplace in North America, and on the used airgun market, but no such luck as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment