Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Inside my Crosman Phantom .22 caliber 495 fps air rifle



This  495 fps" Crosman Phantom .22 caliber break barrel spring piston air rifle was my first .22 caliber airgun.
I have owned it for ten years, and also have a full power piston & spring upgrade kit for it, but I can't install it until I get a firearms permit.

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get the Full Power Kit? I wan't to order one but afraid that they will confiscate it at the canada/us border or something, cause i don't have a firearms license as of yet. I'm not planning to install it until i get my license. Do you think it's safe to buy a full power spring from the US if im in canada and have no license yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://scopesandammo.com/ sells the Crosman spring piston "Repair kits" and they are located in Ontario, Canada, and will only ship within Canada.
      The Crosman Quest/phantom 1000/800 repair kit is the one you would need.
      Although you can legally buy the piston & spring repair kit, once it is installed, your Phantom air rifle will require a Canadian P.A.L to posses, so to avoid any potentiallly unpleasant legal problems, be sure to aquire the necessary legal firearms licensing prior to upgrading your Crosman Spring piston air rifle.

      Delete