Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Monday, December 26, 2016

Everybody needs a hobby....

















Welcome to the Canada AirGun Freak blog.
I am Spinoza, and I will be sharing my collection of various airguns here.
I have Co2 powered replica air pistols, non-replica pellet pistols, BB guns and different types of air rifles, including spring piston, gas ram and multi-pump pneumatic rifles & pistols.
I originally learned gun safety, and how to shoot when I was 11 to 13  years old , from an amazing  Scout master,  and I anxiously looked forward to every Boy Scout camping trip,  which were the only times that I got my hands on His Airguns, which were a couple of Daisy and/or Crosman multi-pump pneumatic .177 cal. BB/Pellet rifles with plastic stocks and plastic pump handles.    Crosman model 21OO or one of the "pumpmaster" models and a Daisy model 880.
Around 1979-80, the  Boy Scout troop that I was a proud member of  fundraised and saved our pennies for an entire year, so that our entire troop could fly from Toronto to Calgary, and attend the "Canadian Scout Jamboree"(CJ-81) along  with 25,000 other Boy Scouts from all parts of Canada and dozens of Countries from around the world for 3 wonderful weeks, camping throughout a huge valley within  the Rocky Mountains. I recall that the Nature Reserve was and probably still is  called "Kananaskis Country"
Anyhow, Over the previous  couple of years of learning to handle, care for and shoot,  I had become the target sharpshooter of my Boy Scout troop and at the Jamboree I was nominated  to represent my troop in the Canadian Boy Scout Jamboree Rifle competition.
There were hundreds & hundreds  of competitors, and a few different types of shooting competitions that filled 2 or 3 days, and throughout, competitors were elimenated, and others progressed to the next level , until on the last day, and I was still in the 25 meter "open sights" Target rifle competition.
  It was down to the finals and when it was over,  I  finished the day, and the tournament with  third 🥉 place, only losing by a hair, but overjoyed to have discovered that I had  some sort of  natural ability to shoot more accurately than all the competitors but two🔫😀
Honestly, I can only remember the emotions, the thrill of seeing my target and the excitement of shooting a precision engineered pellet target rifle.
I can vaguely  remember the air rifle assigned to me was made of wood and metal, and much heavier than the only other air rifles that I had handled.
At that age,  I didn't know anything about the technology powering Airguns.
I do remember my Scout Master being quite impressed by the Air rifles that  Scouts Canada had been able to provide for the Jamboree.

And so, I did survive my childhood, and then my  teen years, and I have been buying, trading & collecting Air Arms since the year I turned 18 in the 1980's, when I bought my first Co2 pellet gun at my local Canadian Tire Store, a Crosman 357 pellet revolver + full metal 8" rifle steel barrel!!!

Here are a few of my airuns, and in time I will post reviews, photo's and possibly videos of the rest of my ever growing airgun collection :)

No comments:

Post a Comment