Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Thursday, December 29, 2016

AirGun ammo


I have been shooting lead free, plastic skirt air gun ammo for a few years and in my opinion,  there is no other airgun projectile that has the penetration potential of the Crosman PowerShot penetrators .22 caliber/16.7 grain, the 'fast flight' penetrators .177 caliber/5.4 grain and the 'gold flight' penetrators .177 caliber/8.5 grain.
I also have a a few tins of H&N .22 caliber 'prometheus' & 'apollo' pellets, but they don't penetrate like the Crosman's do.
Here in Canada, i am limited to airguns with muzzle velocities below 500 fps, so ammunition can really make a difference with the guns I shoot.
The .22 caliber pellets work well with my Crosman P1322 pneumatic multi pump bolt action pistols, as well as with my Crosman phantom .22 caliber spring piston break barrel rifle and my Industry Brand QB-57 deluxe side lever spring piston Bullpup rifle and the .177 caliber pellets have made a world of difference with my Crosman M4-177 multi pump pneumatic bolt action M4 replica rifle, the Crosman 1377C & P1377, my pair of Beeman P-17 pneumatic pistols, a Roebel model B6C side lever Bullpup rifle and an Industry Brand B1-3 Grizzly Scout break barrel spring piston rifle.
All these airgun can blast the Crosman penetrators straight thru Campbell's Soup cans and some blow holes thru two at once!


No comments:

Post a Comment