Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Saturday, April 24, 2021

My S&W No.1½ 'New Model/2nd Issue .32 cal. Rimfire "Tip-up" Revolver





 My Smith & Wesson No.1½ New Model .32 caliber Rimfire Revolver is in amazing condition, as these current photos show.
That Factory blued finish on the frame is nearly perfect!
The high  serial # 92900 makes dating the revolver's manufacture date to 1874-75.



The barrel/frame hinge has a bit of play, causing barrel wobble.  I will tighten it up with a bench vice and aluminum vice blocks to protect the guns finish while in the vice.

UPDATE: The barrel wobble was eliminated completely with a few seconds of very careful pressure in the bench vice.

I have 11 reloadable .32 r.f. Short cases, and 14  of the .32 r.f. Long cases  to reload with pyrodex, 6mm Flobert blanks and 0.315"(long) or 0.310"(short) roundball.



I will put together a compact field handloading kit so it can easily load 5 cartridges to fill the cylinder prior to shooting.








No comments:

Post a Comment