Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Crosman's Revolvers Pt-2: SNR.357





I briefly owned a 4" Dan Wesson Co2 revolver in 6mm airsoft about 5 years ago, but sold it to a friend because I decided that I would rather have a .177 caliber version that shot steel or lead.


I ordered a refurbished Crosman SNR.357 Co2 pellet revolver for $60 from Princess last week and it just arrived today!
If it works perfectly, the it will be a half price bargain!

As far as I know, WinGun manufacturers the Dan Wesson & Crosman SR357 & SNR357 Co2 revolvers, so I have finally replaced that Dan Wesson from 5 years ago with  a lead slinging Saturday night special version of the same revolver.

The 2.5" SNR.357 interested me as soon as they were available, but I have been busy with other AirGuns, until I discovered the refurbished ones for sale at princess Auto.

There is a simple hammer spring mod that I plan to do, and hopefully it will increase the power.

I will update this post in the near future with any improvements I am able to make to this cool compact Co2 revolver.

UPDATE:

I fired a few rounds thru my chronograph and 5.4 grain Crosman penetrators hit as high as 395 fps and heavy gamo armour 9.6 grain lead pellets shot around 295-310 fps.

This is a fun Co2 handgun to operate.
Loading rounds is realistic, and adds a lot to the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment