Winter 2021-22 Antique Pistol Restoration Project

Antique "Sterling" .38 cal.rimfire restoration project update...

  It seems that I could have bought an E.L.Dickinson "Parts gun" a couple of weeks ago, but I passed, not realizing a the time, th...

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Socom Gear Kel-tec PMR-30 .24cal/6mm Co2 pistol


A few years ago I purchased the last SocomGear Kel-Tec PMR-30 6mm Co2 blowback airsoft pistol that Pyramydair had in stock, forever, because this airsoft pistol had been discontinued.
I quickly fell in love with this replica airsoft pistol, and when I chronographed it, I was amazed at the results.
My PMR-30 shot .20 gram BB's over 550 fps, and the aluminum alloy .30 gram BB's averaged around 440 fps!
Since my PMR-30 was purchased in the USA, it had an orange muzzle, and more. The entire outer barrel was orange!
This pistol was so much fun to shoot that I didn't care.
Evenually, after perhaps 1000 rounds, the slide brokeby the ejection port. I glued it, and it broke again, so I got online and tried to find an official SocomGear parts & repair shop in Canada, and there was contact info on the SocomGear webpage.
I contacted airsoftparts dot ca through email and sure enough he could have a replacement slide shipped from Asia, but it would cost $50 for the shipping...however, he said that he has a factory demo model with an all black outer barrel that he would be happy to sell me for $100, shipping from Toronto included, how would I like that?
!!!!!!!HELL YA!!!!!!!!







This is my all black Kel-tec PMR-30 Co2 pistol.
It is a 15 round semi-automatic chambered in .24cal/6mm.
It has a high muzzle velocity, shooting .20 gram BB's up to 500 fps, and easily handles the .30 gram metal alloy 6mm BB's, which i  chronographed around 440-460fps with this Co2 pistol!

I don't consider this pistol to be an "airsoft" gun since it is far too powerful for any airsoft games.
It is an air weapon/Co2 pistol chambered in .24 caliber/6mm roundball...I'd like to try loading 6mm lead roundball (if that size exists?) and find out how well I performs shooting lead.

 I enjoy my SocomGear Kel-Tec PMR-30 .24cal/6mm GBB Co2 Pistol so much that I take alot of photographs of it 🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫






2 comments:

  1. Have you disassembled it? I can't get the blowback off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a small metal pin that needs to be removed so you can take the slide off of the frame.

      Delete